Frequently Asked Questions
For Enrolment in July (starting with the summer school):
- Early bird deadline: 15 March
Students applying before 15 March 2018 wil receive a 10% Early Bird reduction provided that they are accepted and pay before 1 April 2018.
- Ultimate deadline: 1 May
For enrolment in September:
- 1 September (starting with the EU online courses):
- Early Bird deadline: 1 August
Students applying before 1 August 2018 will receive a 10% Early Bird reduction provided that they are accepted and pay before 15 August 2018.
- Ultimate deadline: 1 September.
If your degree is not within these disciplines, relevant work experience in these or related fields may qualify.
- Proof that you have studied or work in English
- TOEFL-test [min. score 233 (computer-based) min. score 90 (internet-based) min.score 577 (paper-based)]
- IELTS: 7
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English – CPE
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English – CAE (grade B)
- ITACE (at the VUB) – C1
3500 EUR: current students from the EU or EHEA
3800 EUR: students outside the EU or EHEA;
2100 EUR: Postgraduate Part-time Y1
1800 EUR: Postgraduate Part-time Y2
During the summer school, it also includes daily breakfast in Brussels, daily lunch in Brussels and Vienna, the flight from Brussels to Vienna on Sunday 9 July as well as the study visits.
It does however NOT cover accommodation, breakfast in Vienna, evening meals and flights to Brussels and from Vienna.
The summer school organisers can recommend accommodation both in Brussels and in Vienna for the summer school. The participants are however free to take care of their own accommodation arrangements.
a clear motivation letter (to be handed in together with your application)
a relevant recommendation letter
a copy of your academic record (transcripts of records,…)
Between 45 and 30 days before arrival: 50% cancellation charges
Between 30 and 15 days before arrival: 75% cancellation charges
Less than 15 days before arrival: 100% cancellation charges